Thursday, July 11, 2013

Class Rings

When I was in high school, many many many years ago, I was as poor as the proverbial church mouse and could not afford any luxuries of life. Most of the time this did not bother me that much because I was used to being poor I suppose and luxuries in high school were not that important to me anyway. The one luxury I always regretted though was not being able to buy any of the class rings that were offered to us students. Like the rest of my classmates I took the paperwork home hoping that somehow, some way, my mother could figure out a way to pay for it but that was not to happen. I know she cried about it which just made me sad as well, I never wanted to make her cry. I told her that it wasn't that big of a deal but I think she knew I was lying through my teeth. I never did get a high school ring even in later years when I could have afforded one. It just wouldn't have been the same I guess. I did however buy a college ring so that made up for things.