Friday, February 28, 2014

Hospice Care

When I left the ER the other day it was with the understanding that I would be getting hospice care. Sounded good to me and I couldn't refuse it. Never pass up great opportunities! They not only set me up with a new oxygen machine they left me two oxygen tanks as a back up or to use if I decide to venture outside the house. Not today, it is raining here lol They also left me a large bag full of medicines. Everything from inhalers to morphine. Morphine?? Yesterday a male nurse came to visit and to help me with the meds. The morphine he said was standard and I didn't need to use it. Phew! Just a ballpark figure but looking at all the inhalers and the pills and the new small machine used for breathing treatments there is easily over five hundred dollars worth of stuff. I feel special :)