Saturday, May 17, 2008

News anchor apologizes for saying F-word

NEW YORK (UPI) -- Seasoned WNBC-TV New York news anchor Sue Simmons issued a public apology for saying the F-word while reporting on a story about food prices.

Simmons, who has 28 years of experience working for WNBC-TV, let the expletive fly after she seemed to get angry while shooting a promotion Monday night, the New York Post reported Tuesday.

"What the f - - - are you doing?" Simmons yelled out while she was off camera but still on the air.

"I'm truly sorry. It was a mistake on my part, and I sincerely apologize," she said in an on-air apology about 30 minutes after the slip-up.

A WNBC spokeswoman said she could not explain what prompted Simmons to yell out the swear word.




Copyright 2008 by United Press International

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, I know what always causes me to say that word, it's called my job, which is what I imagine was her problem also lol.

coolingstar9 said...

I think we should not say the word in whatever situation.
It will anger audience and the person will definately spoil his own image.
Have a nice day.

fwidman said...

I can understand her saying that word, it is just a common word any more, and one often used in frustration.