Monday, June 13, 2011

Like Little Children

I really love my job as a chat moderator but there are times when I wonder why. Yesterday I chat banned a player for bashing the Mods and he is terribly upset. It appears that he feels as though he is being picked on, singled out perhaps and he doesn't understand why.
He complained on a forum where all the other players can see it and reply if they so wish. I replied explaining that bashing the Mods will not be tolerated and advising him to read the chat rules of the site. This apparently made him angrier and he now thinks calling me a nasty little man and saying that I am not God will win him favor? hmmm...one of us is dumber than I thought.
I never once thought of being a Mod as being God, I just enforce the rules as the site asks me to do. Most days go by without a hitch and all the Mods are thankful for those days. Some days we just are left to scratch our heads and wonder why we put in so many hours every day of the week without any payment.

No comments: