Monday, June 20, 2011

Who's The Boss?

My game Mod boss is still on her hiatus. I am wondering most days if the woman is ever going to return. She does not answer her phone nor return emails, definitely not good signs!
In the meantime myself and another Mod are still sharing Mod Boss duties as best we can. I have started to take a little more control of things as he has some personal life problems to deal with. Life first, fun second.
Yesterday I convinced Support to give us another moderator. He has been very helpful in the past and had applied to be a Mod but the boss didn't get around to making a final decision. I do know that her initial thoughts were to turn this player down. But I convinced Support to let us have him at least until the Boss is back. Better a temporary solution than none at all.
We really do need the help and the new Mod is as pleased as a kid on Christmas morning. We still have 3 Mods missing, the boss and her partner and one that is out with serious health problems. Where once we were at fifteen Mods we are, with the new Mod, at ten. Ten people to cover what should be covered by at least 12. We are making due though and I am happy that things are going along as smoothly as they are.
Support did tell the owner yesterday that she and I had made this player a Mod and he was okay with it. He also said he is happy that someone is taking the initiative with running things. Something tells me that he does not know if the boss will be returning or not either. Not good.
In the meantime, we continue to play.

No comments: