Friday, August 10, 2012

New Computer

The replacement computer arrived this morning. Very lovely tower. Booted up right away and began the process of installing Windows XP. Had a slight problem reading the code on the computer so that Windows would know it was a genuine product. OOPS. I tried several times but Windows refused the code I entered. So, in exasperation, I gave up and called Blair Technology for help. Got a lovely voice that didn't seem to understand anything I was telling her lol She said she would pass my name and number along to the tech people and they would call me back. Fair enough. While waiting I had my wife copy the code and I entered her copy into the computer and Windows said okay and moved on to the next step. After a couple hours passing the tech guy called and I explained to him what happened. He was apologetic for not getting back to me sooner but I told him not to worry, things were okay. I did tell him that they had shipped out this computer short two gigs of memory from what I purchased. He looked at my order and then was very apologetic and said he would have a talk with the guy that sent me my computer as that is not good. I told him it was okay, I just didn't want the hassle of sending the computer back and all that. He agreed that would not be good but he could do me one better. On Monday he says the missing memory chips will be mailed out to me so I can install them myself. Now that is good business service! Thank you Blair Technology Group. This is the fourth computer I have bought from your company and I always recommend you to people that are looking for a new computer.