Thursday, January 9, 2014

Self Medication

In the past I would not have advised anyone to do what I have been doing the past few months. I have been buying medicine online that require no prescription. Dangerous I know but it was something that had to be done and had to be done quickly so I did it. I did have some help though, a fellow COPD sufferer gave me a link to a website that was cheaper than the one I used initially which was nice. What I pad for one inhaler from a Canadian website I got three of from this one. So I have been using these inhalers for a while now and they are helpful with breathing troubles. Had to be thankful for that. That plus the information I got about them from online searches of medical drug companies was helpful also. Then a few weeks back my muscle spasms came back to haunt me. Feels like a mule kicking me in the back and I don't like it at all. So, back to where I bought the inhalers and, yes, there was muscle relaxers! They aren't as potent as the ones I took years ago but they do help me relax a bit so I wasn't complaining the first day or two. Then something else happened that makes me very happy I got them. Between the muscle relaxers and the inhalers I have now had four, count them, four, days of mild episodes of my COPD flare ups. Sure, I still cough up phlegm in the mornings and occasionally late at night but not nearly as awful as they were before. So, all in all things are fairly good, health wise and I am happy. I still would not advise people to do what I have done unless they are (a) desperate and (b) have done a lot of research about the drugs they want to buy.