Monday, February 16, 2009

Do I, Really?

The past two weeks has been rather gloomy here. We've had rain, snow (twice), hail and sleet. The one comment that people like to say? We need the rain.
Now, I live in the desert, a place that gets an average of four inches of rainper year and thrives just fine. No, it doesn't keep your lawn green nor a lot of trees either. But, it survives just fine without much rain.
My answer to these people is that perhaps they should move back to wherever they came from and be happy there with lots of rain and greenery. This is the desert, it is brown and beautiful to those of us that actually like the desert. It does NOT need rain, and neither do I :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that is what I hear everywhere too.
Even the city says so.
We need water.
Or maybe it is we need money.
I forget.

fwidman said...

I always can use a little extra money, my baby might want me to buy her something :)