Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Hate Computers!

Well, not actually computers per se, since I spend 90% of my waking hours in front of one. Actually it isn't even the computer parts that bug me, although that's part of my problem.
My biggest problem is with a certain software company that makes the operating system. Because they are so afraid that somebody might actually want to steal their product they make it nigh on impossible to swap hard drives and keep all their stuff intact :(
I think I like the 95 version best, you could just copy and paste it onto the new drive, reboot and there you go! But, not with this new version.
So, I now have two hard drives inside, both of them with mostly the same stuff on them, but only one of them will actually boot the computer. So, until I am feeling extremely patient and have tons of time with nothing to do, this is how things will stay. Eventually I may just dump all the programs off the master drive, delete all their shortcuts from the desktop and then go into the slave drive and make new shortcuts pointing to the slave.
But, today is not the day. I am not patient. I am tired and cranky and sore from trying to get things to work earlier. Dealing with two computers doesn't seem that bad, but lifting them and moving them around the room seems to have made my back ache.
As for Mr. I Got More Money Than Damned Near Everyone, I hope you and your software geniuses are happy. Maybe you could spend some of that money on something useful, like fixing your software so that you don't always seem to be coming up with another Security Fix. I'm probably asking way too much...

No comments: