Monday, March 16, 2009

Too Much Sadness

My house is gloomy today, and all of us that live here are very sad. The lovely little dog I wrote about in this blog just a few short weeks ago is no longer with us :(
While out for an evening stroll and potty walk Brownie got loose from Shelly's hand and he and the leash went out into the street where a car hit him. The only comfort, if there is comfort, is that he appears to have died instantly, no bleeding, no whimpering in pain, no suffering for Brownie. I have no clue what the driver was thinking, Shelly said he didn't even slow down, nor did he stop after he hit the dog. I don't understand how someone can not stop after hitting an animal, any animal, pet or not :(
A friend in the neighborhood came over and buried Brownie which was very nice of him. It's hard to lose a pet, even one that you haven't had very long. They just attach themselves to a family so quickly. I shall miss this dog, he was rather a cute little critter.
I hope that all of us can get over the trauma of losing Brownie in such a tragic way. As for the driver, I'm sure Karma will catch up with him someday...





REST IN PEACE, BROWNIE

No comments: