Saturday, June 5, 2010

Too Hot?

As I write this entry it is a lovely 97 degrees outside. There is a slight breeze coming through an open window but it is not that cool of a breeze. It's okay though, I have been waiting for this lovely weather all Winter.
Unfortunately my computer has not been waiting expectantly for this weather. Yesterday, which was cooler than today, the computer got too hot. The poor fans inside were running long and hard so I finally decided to shut it down and let the processor cool off a little. Imagine my surprise when, a few minutes later, I turned the computer back on and it refused to start! I pulled the plug, took the side panel off and left it wide open for a brief period of time. Poor thing was way too hot.
I am waiting today to see if it overheats again. I have the side panel ajar to let more air flow into the case. I do not want the computer to melt from all that heat!
If this continues I shall have to make some changes here. I am thinking a small fan aimed directly at the processor should do the trick. I imagine I can pick one up at Walmart cheaply enough.
I'll have to do something. It is only the beginning of June, Summer is not even officially here, and I know that the desert is not going to get any cooler in July or August.
I may like the warmth but my computer obviously does not.

No comments: