Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Holidays Missed

Yesterday was Memorial Day. A day of remembering those who lost their lives serving America. Normally though it is simply a day to celebrate that you did not have to go to work, it is often the first day swimming pools are open and it is un-officially the first day of barbecue season.
When I was a working stiff I always knew when the holidays were. I am not a big fan of holidays but I knew when they were and when I would be off of work. Now that I've been retired for a few years, I usually have no clue when a holiday is arriving, nor do I really care.
Every day is pretty much the same, Sunday through Saturday. Just another day! I do remember them if someone mentions them to me and I do know why we are celebrating those days so I suppose that's something.
I hope that whatever you did yesterday you took a moment to recall why you were not at work.

No comments: