Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Ahhh, Sleep

I seem to sleep a lot these days. Maybe because I am lazy and retired and maybe because, quite frankly, sleep is the best thing for me to do. Awake I am often in pain, especially in my lower back and hips thanks to all the arthritis and osteoporosis there. Not a good thing to have. Awake I am also often breathing with difficulties and that isn't too good either. Asleep I am okay for the most part. I am obviously relaxed enough to be sleeping and that's a plus. I often wake up in the middle of sleep and notice that my oxygen tubes have slipped away from my nostrils and it hasn't affected me at all. Awake the missing oxygen would be quite noticeable after only a few minutes. Asleep my back feels okay, no sharp pains there usually and that I appreciate. My hips hurt from time to time but that's from laying in a bad position and goes away generally after I shift my body. The only serious pains of sleeping are in my shoulder areas and I find myself waking up from that pain and forcing myself to roll over to the opposite side. I take turns hurting one shoulder then the next and so forth. lol All in all sleep is more comforting than it should be, I sleep more than most people I assume, even old people like myself. I recall my mother at my age slept less than I do now and she was also a serious pain sufferer. Maybe I was right the first time around. I sleep a lot because I am lazy lol