Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Great News

Got a telephone call this afternoon from the Social Security folks. The lady I spoke with says she will process my claim and I should start receiving my benefits in about 30 days. She also said they will send me a prepaid debit card that they will put my benefits in each month so that is also a plus. On the minus side, no Medicare because I am too young, one needs to be sixty-five to get that insurance. *sigh* But I am happy enough with the money part which will essentially double what I receive every month. Perhaps I can move into a house where the landlord actually cares about his renters, unlike this one. The water situation is still messed up. We have water but that's about it, pressure is terrible. They never did call us back to explain what is going on and I won't be shocked if it goes off again without anyone letting us know. Not a good way to live. It's not like I can just jog down the street to a public restroom :(