Sunday, May 17, 2009

Listen Up, ESPN!

I really enjoy watching ESPN, and most especially Baseball Tonight. But, I really think that today the crew of BT dropped the ball.
Come one guys, I realize the Pittsburgh Pirates are not the hottest team in the sport and they are not even having that wonderful a season. BUT, how many other teams scored ten runs in one inning today??? The Bucs just ran away with that game with those ten runs.
But, in typical "we don't care what small teams do" mentality, this is one of the very last things you talk about on the show? And, you only show one brief snippet??? Thanks for nothing!
You all know damned well that if the Dodgers or the Yankees had scored ten runs in one inning you'd be bringing it up all over the place. And I'd bet there would be more than a few seconds of clip to show, just because they did it. I guess the folks in Pittsburgh, or those of us that are Pirates fans outside of Pennsylvania (like me here in Southern California) don't rate as high as fans of those bigger teams.
Face it, ESPN, you guys dropped the ball. For that, YOU get the baseball error of the day!

No comments: