Saturday, May 30, 2009

The New AOL?

For way too long, AOL was the company that people just could not seem to untangle themselves from. If you called to cancel, they would entice you with free months and then you'd still be their customer, paying them for their service.
Well, it appears that NetZero is the new AOL. I cancelled an account there a while back. They offered me one free month, which I politely refused. Imagine my surprise when I went to my credit card website and found that I am paying them five dollars a month for their internet service. HUH???
I sent them an email and got a response from them saying that I had AGREED to take the free month of service and AGREED to continue paying them a lesser amount. That sure is news to me!
So now I have to telephone them again and tell them flat out that if they continue to bill me for their service I shall have to seek legal advice and counsel against them.
I will not pay for something I do not need, want, or use!

No comments: