Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Boring

As much as I love the game site and my job there as Site Admin along with my co-Admin there is just something boring about watching the chat lobby when it doesn't move.
Last night the site went down several times. It had had several "hiccups" over the past 24 hours so it wasn't that big of a shock. A hiccup is when the lobby or the games freeze and, five minutes or less later, the server catches up with itself and all is well again.
Last night it hiccupped and then a short while later it stopped again. We waited for five minutes or so and no site. I had to call the Support person and wake her up a task I dread.
After a while the tech guys were in there working away and they got it running again but a short while later it crashed again so the tech guys had to reboot all the servers again. Ugh, another call to wake up the Support person. Poor woman, hard to get a good nights rest that way.
I will be happy as can be the day the owner gets some new servers and things stay up 24/7. In the meantime i enjoy myself there and just get bored when I must look at a screen of non-moving chat.

No comments: