Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Done your duty yet?

It’s primary election day here in California, and a lot of the U.S. For once, the voters in California actually get to have some impact in the primaries, which is rather exciting. Normally, by the time we vote, things are pretty much already decided, whcih has always seemed like a shame.

I have not voted as I write this, but am planning to go to the polls as soon as the teenager is back from school. She always goes with us to the polls, which I think is important, it gives her the chance to see that, no matter what is going on in the world, voting is important. With Free Speech, we always have the right to moan and groan about who gets elected, but, if one doesn’t vote, why do they care who wins or loses?

So, in a couple of hours, the two voters in this household will go and cast their ballots. I will cast mine for Hilary Clinton, as I truly feel she is the best Democratic candidate. My lovely wife will cast her vote for whoever she likes in the Green Party. Then, we will both feel a sense of accomplishment, for whatever part we have played in the election outcome.

If you have not done so already, I urge you to go to your polling place and vote. Be you Democrat, Republican or Independent, exercise your right to choose.

No comments: