Tuesday, March 4, 2008

How Odd

Yesterday, my wife called Verizon and made some changes to the phone services that we “buy” from them. Nothing major, just ridding ourselves of a couple of things we do not use, like call-waiting.

This afternoon, She remarked that the phone has been rather quiet. I agreed. Normally we get a number of silly calls, mostly trying to help me with a mortgage that we do not have (we rent).

I think them folks were just waiting for her to leave the house. Since she left to pick up the kid from school I have already had two calls that were junk calls.

I have no idea what they were. We do have caller I.D. and I do not pick up calls that are “blocked” or “unknown name”. I’m sure they left a message on the voice-mail telling me how I can save lots of money with something I do not own.

3 comments:

Roufa Tav Gosou & Mimi Lass said...

Remember a Seinfeld episode, where Kramer, tired of junk mail (snail mail), was trying to get rid of his postal service? Yeah, he claimed he didn't need it any more. New options were opening up. Email for example! Oh, little did he know... (Mimi keeps receiving junk email about how to finally please her wife).

Anonymous said...

THOSE FROM THE TELEMARKETING
INDUSTRY ARE REALLY SOMETIMES ANNOYING.

KRIIIING!

"HELLO I'M ANA FROM A CREDIT CARD COMPANY.CAN I HAVE A MINUTE OF YOUR TIME I'M JUST GOING TO DISCU..."

TOOT..TOOOOT...TOOOT
(COZ ALREADY BANGED THE PHONE)
REALLY DISGUSTING..THEY'LL CALL YOU UP EVERYDAY!

BUT ONE TIME I GOT HIRED IN A
CALL CENTER..AND IT REALLY HURTS WHEN YOU GET TO TALK TO SOMEONE
WHO REJECTS YOU.UHM I GUESS IT'S REALLY RIGHT TO JUST LEAVE THE PHONE UNANSWERED (WHEN YOU KNOW
WHO'S CALLING)BEFORE YOU GET IMPATIENT & SAY ANYTHING THAT CAN HURT..

ONE LESSON LEARNED HERE..
THANKS!

fwidman said...

I agree that those telemarketer calls can be a bother, but they are just doing their job. I think I'd rather put up with them than the email spammers ha ha. I get lots of emails telling me how to lose weight and my wife and teen-aged daughter get those silly emails telling them how to make their male appendages larger. Those people have no shame!
Thanks for the comments :)