Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Smoking

Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette!
Puff, puff, puff and if you puff yourself to death
Tell Saint Peter at the Golden Gate
That you hate to make him wait
But you just gotta have another cigarette!

This was a popular country-western song when I was a kid. I woke up with it in my head this morning and so I thought I'd do a post about smoking. I have two bits of advice for you if you are a smoker:
First, if you are still young, or haven't had the habit long, QUIT! Not only is it good for your health, it is good for your wallet too! Cigarettes are expensive. Almost five dollars a pack here where I live. Look at all the money you'll save by giving them up :)

Second, if you are an old guy like me, having smoked for more years than are good for a body, here's a tip that may help you with that awful morning hacking we all do. When you retire for the evening, put a cough drop in your mouth and let it dissolve. Preferably a cough drop like Hall's vapor type. I notice that on the days I do this I hack and cough a lot less when I wake up the next day. Not sure why, but am thankful I found this out :)

No comments: