Monday, August 10, 2009

Hot and Cold

While I am having a lot of fun playing online poker I also notice that there are times I am screaming at the computer and swearing like a sailor.
The cards can run hot and you're winning like crazy and then, suddenly, the cards are very cold and you're feeling lucky if you can actually put a pair together :(
I have to admire those that actually play this game for a living. I don't know how they can persevere under the constant pressure of trying to win a majority of the time.
I'm in my third week of playing on NLOP and here is what I've managed to do. The first week I was okay, it was only a couple of days and I ended the week with 8000 points as well as an invitation to play a special tournament (which I lost. Out of 2500 players I was in the 300-400 people that were left. Not bad for a beginner.)
The second week I ended up with 4100 points. Not that good. I earned 7000 points just for logging each those 7 days (at a 1000 points per daily log in).
This week is looking really awful. So far I have earned 2000 points for my log ins and I am sitting at 900 points. The cards have not been kind to me the past two days. But, there is always hope :)
I can see one thing clearly though. It really is very easy to get addicted to gambling!

No comments: