Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Texas Hold 'Em is Dangerous

So, I sit there, calmly playing, trying my best to be a patient player and stay in the game. I'm halfway through the table, three of the five of us are left and one is almost out.
The cards are dealt and I am betting with Aces and Kings, feeling pretty sure I have the winning hand. All five cards are on the table and I am holding a Full House, 2 Aces and 3 Kings. Looks like Lady Luck has finally smiled down upon me. So, one player has folded, leaving me heads up against the player I think I can beat.
I go "All In", feeling confident that the player will fold up like an accordian. Much to my surprise, they call the bet and go "All In" too. Great, I'm thinking big bucks all the way!
Imagine my horror to lose with that Full House to their 4 Kings!
I could have cried!

No comments: