Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Inching my way along

I'm getting closer to an invitation to the $500 Monday night poker tournament! I've finished in the top 20 the past few nights, last night being the best at 14th place. I need to be in the top five places to get the invitation. I was pretty pleased with myself last night :)
This morning, on a whim, I entered the tournament again. I made it to the final table! Three 8's wiped me out of the game, but I was so close. But, I finished NINTH! Only missing the invitation by four people makes me more confident and certainly very happy with my style of playing.
I can make this invitation come to me, I know I can. And, I will!

In other poker news, something strange and horrible also occurred this morning. I was playing on PurePlay in one of the beginner poker rooms. I was holding my own, not losing nor winning. When suddenly I find myself with a lovely straight! Not wanting to scare away the other betters I made several normal bets as the cards came onto the table. All the players were calling and the pot was getting somewhat large. Right after the last card was on the table and just one more player had called my bet and I knew I was going to win the pot, I got redirected to some dumb building supplies company page. WTF?? I tried to go back to the poker site but all I got back to was the home page :( Stupid ads! GRRR! I finally get a great hand and then I get the shaft instead of the pot. How's that for bad luck? LOL

No comments: