Sunday, August 23, 2009

More Poker Stuff

Had my best week so far, surpassing the 8000 points I made in my first week by 55 points. I also did well in a couple of tournaments, both of them qualifiers for a $500 pot. Out of 102 players I placed 17th, not too shabby for a beginner. The second time I placed 16th so I got a little better.
Now if I can just stop getting frustrated by donkeys, people that go all in every single hand just to watch everyone fold and collect the antes and the blinds I might be okay.These people make me want to scream LOL
I am becoming a bit more patient, learning that it is okay to fold when the pair of cards dealt is not that good, or folding when the pair is okay but suddenly the bets before the flop are getting out of hand. I don't want to bet half my money when all I'm holding is a King and maybe a nine. It makes no sense. I notice that, at times, people play poker like they bet on Ebay items, spending more than it is worth. I do not want to be that guy.
***EDIT***
Having come off the best week I've had thus far, I stunk all day long! I lost 900 of my 1000 dollars :( I hope the rest of the week goes better!

No comments: