Friday, August 14, 2009

Darned River

Whether you win a big pot (which I did) or lose "all in" (which I did), that last card, called the river, is nasty! It can make or break you and it doesn't care which.
Of course it is much nicer when the river card makes you a winner.
I'm kind of sleepy today and I'm sure some of my bets were not the best of thinking, but I am holding my own. I have 3600 points as of the moment. Not a big winner but I'm not losing all that much either. If I had not played any tournaments and just logged in every day I'd have 6000 points. So, I'm less than halfway through my weekly points.
I did enter a tournament last night that would have qualified me for next Monday's $500 tournament but I finished in 30th place out of 73 players. Still not bad for a beginner, but not good enough to get into Monday's game. But, I am happy with that finish as it means that 43 other players did worse than I did :)
Still working on my patience and realizing that two pair is not always that good of a hand.

No comments: