Sunday, September 27, 2009

Another week bites the dust

Another week has come and gone. Time flies! It's been an interesting week though.
I went down to the bowling alley on Thursday to see if I could sub in the School Employees league. I haven't bowled since May when the Sagebrush Men's league ended. But, I didn't bowl. There was a spot open and I thought they would ask me to sub but they didn't. This made me slightly depressed since it was beginning to look like nobody wants me! I know I am not the best bowler around but I can't possibly be that bad at a 161 average, can I? My self esteem really took a hit there.
I noticed that one of the teams that had been full last week had a vacancy so I asked what happened to their third bowler. They said she had hurt herself in some way and had to quit because she couldn't bowl. So, I asked if they'd like me on their team and, after talking it over, decided I would be welcome. This made me feel much better. Both of them are low average bowlers, in the 120's on a good day, so hopefully I can help them win some games :)
In the poker area things are improving. I find myself more patient when it counts, not chasing after straights or flushes that aren't coming. More inclined to match someone going all in when I have a high hand. I always hate folding an Ace and something else just because I am being overly cautious. I especially hate folding that Ace when I see that the person that went all in has two low cards like a 5 and a 7. So, I have really been thinking hard before I fold on an all in bid and it has worked out okay. yes, I lost some pots and ran out of chips but I also have won some very large pots being a more aggressive player.
I finished the week with a little over 35000 points, pretty good. I checked my ranking on the site and find that, for last week, I was ranked 612 out of 2000. Not bad, not bad. Thus far I've played 558 tournaments. I've won 145 of them, was in the top 10% 154 times, the top 30% 281 times and in the top 50% 392 times. Pretty darned good for someone that isn't an expert poker player :)
I got another invitation to the Weekly Championship Tournament which starts in about three hours from now. Last week there were 1201 players in that tournament. Wonder how many this week and how long I can survive LOL
Hope all of you had a good week and will have a great week coming up :)

No comments: