Thursday, September 3, 2009

Thoughts

Poker players go from one extreme to the other. Some think too much, some just don't seem to think at all.
Here is the thinker: they've been dealt two cards. They take forever trying to decide if these two cards are worth betting on or not. What i8s there to dwell on? Either they are good cards or maybe they go together, like a 3 and a four or they are the same suit, or they just aren't worth your money. Don't make everyone else suffer just because you are confused. Fold and get it over with already!
The non-thinker: Has a five of clubs and a nine of hearts. No fives or nines in the flop. They bet all of their chips, sometimes thousands of dollars worth. There is no way in Hell I'd go all in with garbage like that. These folks do it and then are shocked when they lose LOL
My better half says I have a problem. If she goes out for a walk she comes home to find me playing poker. If she goes out shopping or somewhere and she calls me, she finds me playing poker. When I am home alone, I play poker. I don't see the problem. It's hard to concentrate on things with people around, especially when I need to listen to them and respond so that they know I am listening LOL
I wonder if I will have a problem when I finally win a cash tournament? LOL

No comments: