Monday, January 18, 2010

All Or Nothing

The past couple of days Shelly has been here "helping" me to play poker. her favorite words seem to be "all in!". Even if my pocket cards are not very good, low cards not connected, unsuited, whatever, she insists that I bet on them and, usually, bet big.
While I try to explain why I would not bet on these cards I do have to wonder why sometimes. Yesterday I was all in with K-A and was soundly beaten by someone holding 7-5. By the turn card he had already drawn a straight and I was out of the game, scratching my head at how that could occur. Maybe that loud mouth guy that is a pro has some sense when he says things like only an idiot would play those cards. the only difference is I am beginning to see just who the idiot is and it is me.
I guess this is why gambling should be left to the professionals. I don't think I was cut out to be a card player LOL
At the very least I am having fun and have made some nice friends online :)

No comments: