Saturday, May 29, 2010

New And Improved?

Why is it that products hit the market trying to convince the public that it is the best thing ever, only to come out with a new product sometime later saying "new and improved"? If it truly were the best thing ever, how could it possibly be improved? And, of course, there is no way it could be new, it's already been on the market lol

In the internet world, sites are always "improving" their software. I don't know why this is either since, more often than not, all they manage to do is create more glitches and bugs that it may be worth. I wonder if these same people fix their automobiles when there is nothing wrong with them? You know, if something works...leave it alone!

One of the game sites I play on is constantly "improving" their software. They do such a great job that often the site will not load or, if it does, it loads and runs at the pace of a snail. How is that an improvement?

Another one does seek to improve its software and then there are bugs and glitches everywhere. They work very hard at fixing the bugs as they show up which is nice though. They don't take days like some places. I feel bad for the support people that have to do this fixing, even though I know they pretty much brought it upon themselves. Whenever they do an update it is always worth it in the end.

I also feel sorry for chat room mods whenever there is a software update. While these folks help support out by relaying bugs and glitches they also have to put up with irate players in the lobby bitching and moaning about why things are messed up. Game players I have noticed have very little patience for upgraded software. I'm sure that, at times, I am one of those impatient people. Perhaps that is because my brain always goes back to the same thought...If it ain't broken, don't fix it!

No comments: