Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Removing The Wires

The lovely people in the Los Angeles area warehouse for UPS finally decided that they could no longer get away with their "inclement weather" excuse and sent my wireless router up here and it was delivered yesterday afternoon. I say excuse because, frankly, it was an excuse. I'm right over the mountain from them and I know exactly what their inclement weather was. it was sunny as could be with some stronger than usual wind. People that live in Los Angeles tend to be very wimpy when it comes to the weather. The terrible wind that they got? Almost an every day breeze up here in the desert.
Anyway, I got the router and hooked it up. Piece of cake set up! The laptop was up first and it found the wireless signal with no problem. Ran better in the bedroom than in the living room for some unknown reason (although today the signal is the same in both rooms).
While my lovely wife was playing on the laptop I got her Ipod out and set it up to log into the wireless router. Fun!
Now all three people in the house can actually be on the net at the same time without begging someone to let them have a chance at the computer. Wireless router is a blessing :)

No comments: