Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lobby Items That Make Me Laugh

Moderating the chat lobby can be a lot of headaches and stress, but in the midst of that there is always something that will make me laugh.
Last night someone was in the chat lobby grumbling about the site, the slowness of the support staff and anything else they could think of. We all tried to be polite but got nowhere. So, after letting them rant and rave for as long as I could stand it, I finally booted him softly out of the lobby. This means he has to close the game then reopen it. Usually this makes players calm down. Not this time. He came right back into the lobby demanding to know how he got booted and why. I gave him my reasons (arguing with the Mods, disrupting the lobby). He then wanted to know if this is the way the site treats their players. "Yes, sir, it is" I replied. That really set him off. Finally I told him that if he had a complaint with any of the Mods, he should take it up with the Head Moderator.
He didn't calm down but insisted he had done nothing wrong. Most people booted say this. I ignored his banter after this point and he finally got tired of being ignored and went away.
The other thing that makes me laugh is when players come into the lobby to give expert advice on how to play the game. Everyone is entitled to play as they see fit. What makes sense to one person does not always make sense to another and arguments ensue. Usually these arguments get pretty silly and make me and the other Mods laugh a lot. Nothing funnier than watching two stubborn mules LOL

No comments: