Thursday, July 29, 2010

Unreliable

One of the Mods at the game site started out okay but has steadily gone downhill quickly. It's not bad when he is late because of his job, that's understandable, a paycheck is what's needed to feed your family, fun can always come later.
In the past week or so he has really become unreliable. First he was there and acting like a dictator, threatening everyone with losing their chat privileges then insinuating to one player that he was part of the Support staff (which we are not!). This player had told him that the lobby chat had been copied and sent to Support so they could see what kind of a Mod they had on their hands. Not good.
A couple of days ago he said he would be late for his shift but would stay later and help cover the 3 a.m. shift. That sounded okay to me so I stayed a while longer than usual to help his partner. Then yesterday his partner told me that the guy came into the lobby for a few minutes and disappeared. At 3 a.m. the regular Mod had computer troubles so the Mod on duty told him to go fix the problem and he would stay and cover the lobby. The Mod that said he would be late and cover the next shift? Nowhere to be found :(
Last night he was on duty for a short period of time then disappeared again. This time it bit him in the butt as the Mod boss was in the lobby.Seizing the opportunity to let her know (without me telling her directly) that he was screwing up I had a friend go into the lobby and ask for the Mod who is supposed to be there. The following convo appeared:
D - 969) true
t(848) dam i just missed that allin
t(848) lol msp
t(848) f still here???
msP(MOD - 893 not seen him
b(MOD - 965 Haven't seen him for a while T
t(848) k tks
S(MOD ADM - 987) >no?
G(MOD - 823) me either
S(MOD ADM - 987> he was on earlier
S(MOD ADM - 987 ok thxs guys

S, the boss, immediately left the lobby and logged into Skype. I knew she was looking for f but she wasn't going to find him as he was not on. His partner had already tried to tell him the boss was around and he didn't answer.
I do not know what is going to happen to f but I sure am glad I am not in his shoes. I was still in the lobby at the end of his shift (3 hour shift) and f still had not returned. Very unreliable person and I will not be surprised if he shows up today as a regular player and not a Mod.

No comments: