Friday, September 23, 2011

Not Good

It is a few minutes after five in the morning. Nice and quiet here in the hospital beyond the noise from the television set that my roommate must have on just so he can snore. Me I may have drifted off for a whole fifteen minutes all night long. Not good.

or no sensible reasoning that I can see a nurse comes into the room with a scale so that she can weigh my roommate. WTH? At five in the morning? When she is done with him they move the scale over to my area and ask if they can weigh me. Why not, I am still very much awake. Not good.

I have noticed that my legs and arms have seemed a little thinner than they used to be. I attributed this to old age, no big deal. People often get thinner as they age and I am almost 61 so it didn't bother me all that much to notice. Not good.

I got on the scale but now wish I had said "no thanks". It gave me some strange weight in kilograms and I should have let it go, hopped back into bed and be done with it all. Nope, not this inquisitive Irishman. Not good.

According to the hospital scale I weigh, in US pounds,83.4. Not good at all. Twenty pounds under my normal way too skinny weight. Not good :(

No comments: