Saturday, January 12, 2008

Let's talk blogs

I spent a couple of hours today surfing through various blogs on the net, just to get an idea of what blogs are out there, what people write about, maybe get some ideas to improve my own blog.

I am surprised at how many blogs are nothing more than advertisements! Not the blogs that are business oriented, those make sense. But I am talking about blogs that are never updated simply because they have no need to update them, unless they find another ad to place on the page. What a waste! Like there are not enough ads floating around a normal blog. I mean, even this blog has ads LOL

Then, there were the really stupid blogs. While the page is loading what you think is a blog, it winds up sending you to another page, an actual website, although not a website most folks would want to go to, unless they are simply looking for hardcore, explicit sites. I guess that means that the fine folks at Blogger do not check the blogs that join their site, or they do not re-check them after the first time. Either way, it’s a shame. And, if blogger did check these sites, they’d find a lot of them that have wiped out the bar at the top of the page that allows surfers to go to another blogger blog! That part stinks too!

There’s my opinion. Now, where’s yours?

No comments: