Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Come Again?

My daughter has this fascination with weddings, the planning the clothing, the receptions, all of it. She can spend hours looking at wedding clothing and be totally enamored of it all.
The other night, while in the same room she wanted to show me this "adorable" wedding dress so I stopped to look. Not because I care but because it is the right thing for a parent to endure their childs silliness.
I saw nothing extraordinary about the dress and, being male, said so. She told me that it is a "privilege" just to look at this dress!
Say what? I looked again, a little closer look this time. Nope, still looks like someone saw a fancy curtain and decided it would make an excellent wedding dress lol
Not sure why my child has these fanciful ideas but good for her if she does. Just leave me out of them if you don't like my reactions, and she usually doesn't.
Maybe it's because she is 20 years old and still filled with optimism and hope while I am 3 times her age and pessimistic as well as real-life educated.

No comments: