Thursday, October 29, 2009

Are They Crazy?

When I am not playing poker online I like to watch the pros play it on t.v. I am often surprised at how many of these pros think that there is no luck involved in poker. Are these folks delusional?
I watched two players today that were all in. the first one had an Ace and a King, considered by the poker pros to be a very good pocket hand. The other guy called him with a 2 and a 9, a terrible pocket hand. Why he called the all in bet is beyond me and it was also beyond the comprehension of the poker expert that is on the show. But, call the bet he did. And, to make things even funnier, he won the hand with a pair of nines!
Tell me again there is no luck involved. I've gone and made large bets based on "good" pocket hands only to be blown out by something stupid, either because they caught a flush or got two pairs of low cards. If that ain't luck I don't know what it is. I know one thing is for certain, it sure as hell isn't pure talent LOL

2 comments:

jonet said...

Just wanna admit that this is handy , Thanks for taking your time to write this.

sbobet88

jonet said...

I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. osg777 I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people.