Tuesday, October 13, 2009

I Am Flattered

Yesterday was not a good day at the tables for me. I started the day by losing almost all of my points, playing poorly. I finally had to give the tables up and wait until 9 p.m. so a "new day" could start as I get 1000 points just for logging in each day. This enabled me to enter a sit and go with ten players, the buy in is the 1000 points I just earned for logging in. These sit and gos are not usually speedy unless you bet all your chips and lose right away but I was more careful and didn't chase after really bad hands. Finally it came down to just two players, me and a person I have seen a few times before in these sit and gos. This person is very tough to read, meaning I can't really tell if his hand is a winner or he's bluffing. So, the points were going back and forth for quite a while, I win some then he wins some.
I was getting sleepier by the moment as my Tylenol PM started to really kick in and thought what the hell I'll just go all in and take second place and the 3000 points I'd win. He called my bet as he had more than enough to cover. I typed in Good Game in the chat box and when the flop was coming up and it appeared he's win I sent the message. Imagine my surprise when, on the river card, I won the hand and almost all of his chips!
I got an even bigger surprise a few moments later when the chat box said that he had sent a message telling me I was a "very good player"! Me? Good? That made me laugh considering the lousy day I had had playing poker. But, since we have played against each other in the past, I truly felt flattered. Hell, I am still feeling flattered this morning. It's nice to know that I may not be as awful a player as I think I am :)

No comments: