Thursday, July 14, 2011

All Star Game

I did not get to watch the All Star Game this year because I have no cable. But, thanks to ESPN Radio online I was able to listen.
It was a very good game, I thought. Maybe more than good since the National League won! My favorite team is in the NL so I have always rooted for them.
I was a little disappointed in Andrew McCutchen's at bat. A power hitter like him and he hits it back to the pitcher? Poor man. I'm sure it was simply nervousness, first time as an All-Star and all. But, I am also certain it will not be his last All Star game.
My team has done very well this year, finishing the first half of the season only one game out of first place and with a winning record. Whoo-hoo! Could this be the season the Bic's finally put it all together and make the playoffs? Fans are hoping. The nicest thing I have seen about this season is not only the players that are getting it done, but also the fans.
Living in California about the only time I get to see anything about Pittsburgh is when they play the Dodgers. So normally I am looking at video clips online and I see the stands are fairly empty which saddens me. This year however when I look at clips I see the stands are very full of fans and this makes me joyful.
Love them or hate them your team needs to be supported. More so for the Pirates I think because they are what MLB considers a small market. Too bad Pittsburgh citizens do not support baseball the same way they support football and hockey.
Maybe this is the Pirate's year! I am praying the front office folks do not start trading players away like every other year. How the heck you gonna win a playoff berth that way? Pay attention Pirates owners. Your stands are filling up again. Don't screw it up by trading away pieces of a team that may have finally solved your puzzle!

No comments: