Thursday, July 7, 2011

Great News

Great news for me. After seven months of red tape and other government baloney I finally got approved for Medi-Cal from the state of California.
This means that soon I will be free of the hospital debts from the two visits I made during the Winter. It is a load off my mind!
I have to wait a few more days tho, as they send the plastic Medi-Cal card seperately. Once I have that in my hands I am good to go. I am very excited!
I'm happy not just because of the hospital debts, but because I really do need some insurance. I can barely move around without tiring myself and getting out of breath. Ugh! I am hoping that I will be able to see a doctor and get some sort of breathing treatments for this COPD I have. Or some sort of mobility device to help my bad back. I am afraid to leave the house for anything other than a short walk to the curb and back.
Also an eye exam would be nice. I have not had my eyes examined in ten years or more. Sometimes sitting here at this monitor for too long gives me the most awful headaches and dizzy spells. Not good.
So, today I am a very happy camper :)

No comments: