Friday, June 19, 2009

The Runaround Continues

I got an answer this morning from an email sent to Verizon tech support about the lack of internet DSl connection. it was a very nice email, the gentleman was sympathetic and all that, but that was just the only good part of the communications I had with them this morning.
Verizon's solution to my dilemma was to sign me up as a brand new DSL customer. While I do not care for this BS, I figure it may be the only way I shall ever get my DSL connection back so I took it. That's the good news, I will be a DSl customer again.
The bad news? They will not turn the DSL back on until June 24th, next Wednesday :( I have no idea why it will take so darned long, but, it will. So much for the world moving at a faster speed now that we all have computers. Hell, they can turn a telephone line on in a matter of hours, why can't they do the same with DSL??
In the meantime, I shall be stuck with the lovely services of AOL dial-up. Lucky me. At least I can get online to do the things I truly need to do, like work. Better than staring at a blank computer screen and daydreaming about the days I had internet access :)

No comments: