Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Things That Make Me Wonder

Why do pitchers still throw a pitch in the dirt when, normally, no batter is going to swing at it (Vlad Guerrero excepted) and the damn pitch often gets by the catcher, advancing the runners that you didn't want to advance?
What is CBS thinking, moving The Mentalist to Thursdays when it did so well on Tuesdays. And worse, why are they putting it up against what will most likely be the Jay Leno show? Seems like a bad programming move to me.
Wonder if someone would get punished for slowly torturing the idiot who invented that stupid box that says "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?". Of course I want to, idiot, that is why I tried to close the window in the first place!
I wonder if all software developers would be better at their jobs if they actually (a) had a life, (b) had any real sense or (c) even had a clue or (d) actually were forced to use the crap they develop without the benefit of a server?
Why do people get so huffy whenever there is a nomination made to the Supreme Court? No matter who they are, these people are not going to please every special interest group out there, nor would I want them to. They are judges, for crying out loud. I don't want them to please anyone, I want them to judge each and every case by its merits and nothing else. Isn't that what judges are supposed to do??
Okay, enough wondering. I am off... and no, not in the head, thank you very much!

No comments: