Saturday, June 27, 2009

Walking

I went for a walk two days ago, with Shelly and her puppy. We didn't go very far, maybe a two block walk and back. Short blocks at that. But, it was something :)
Yesterday, the girls were gone shopping and I took off for a walk by myself to the liquor store down the street. It's about four tenths of a mile there. I did okay, although I needed a short rest before actually going into the store for a soft drink. I did okay on the way back as well, and was pleased that I actually went for the walk!
I noticed something important walking by myself. I still walk as fast as I did twenty years ago, which was fine and dandy then but not so good today. I need to remind myself when I am walking that I am almost sixty and my body is not in the shape it used to be.
Taking a more relaxed pace is the key here and I need to remember that.

No comments: