Tuesday, March 2, 2010

No Gambling!

While it may seem like I am advocating gambling in this blog, I really am not. I do play poker online, but it is more for fun than anything else. Yes, I have suggested a time or two that you all should come and join me at a site that plays poker, but it isn't really for gambling as much as it is for fun with friends.
Seems like we all do gamble though, whether it is playing the lottery or buying a raffle ticket at church. Heck, Life itself is a gamble. You never know what today will bring, sickness or accidents. If you make it through the day then you should be thankful that tomorrow gives you another opportunity :)
I am grateful every day that I wake up. I'm getting old and my body is more than happy to remind me that it is not in the best of shape. Some days it seems like all I can do to get out of bed and try to work the kinks out. My first cup of coffee is almost always spent in front of the heater trying to warm up stiff joints.
I spend my days on this computer, working here and there, trying to make a few extra dollars, be it from pay you to click type sites or writing assignments. Retirement pay is not what I had hoped it would be and every dollar earned online is a true Godsend. Why would I risk any of that money with gambling?
I do enjoy sitting at a poker table and playing cards. I've made a lot of online friends on that poker site and most of them are like me, old retired folks just looking to have some fun in the course of a day.
Unless you are one of the extremely lucky people that win the lottery gambling is not going to make you wealthy. If you play for fun and you have fun, that's the important part.
As for me I shall leave the gambling and the poker playing for lots of money to the pros. They spend a lot of time working on their game and it is their job to play cards. For me it is simply a way to pass the time.

No comments: