Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cover Up

No, I'm not talking about some political conspiracy here although I'm sure there are lots of them to talk about. I'm talking about floors.
Last weekend my son came down from Washington with his wife and kids on a vacation for Spring Break. Since they were visiting so close they wanted to drive up where I am to visit his uncle, his mother and me. It's always nice to see your kids, especially since all of mine live so far away from me.
My house is not the best kept house on the block, I'm not as bad as those people you see on the show about hoarders, but I do have lots of stuff. The worst of it is the floors. We have a small dog and he sometimes makes a mess and, even though it's cleaned up right away it does sometimes leave a stain. We have the carpet cleaned with a steam cleaner regularly but it wasn't down before my son's visit.
It would have been nice to have a few large rugs to cover up the spots.
I'm looking at these rugs and wondering if they might be easier to clean than the regular carpet. That plus the fact that they would certainly be nicer to look at than the plain brown carpet that's in my house right now.
If you have some flooring or carpet that has seen some wear and tear or is just plain not worth looking at anymore, consider looking into a new rug or two. They come in many designs so you're sure to find one you like. They also come in various sizes so you can find the ones that will fit your spaces.
Don't be caught with ugly floors if family comes to visit you!

No comments: