Thursday, August 5, 2010

Baldwin Hardware

I have two females that live in this house, a wife and a nineteen year old daughter. Both of them have this habit of hanging their purses, bags or backpack type bags on the door handles. This house was brand new when we moved into it and a year and a half later not a single one of the doors seems to work properly. I blame this on their bags.
Like most females, my wife and daughter carry a lot of unnecessary things in their bags, like books, which are heavy. In out old house with old fashioned round doorknobs their hanging the bags routine seemed okay on the doors. Perhaps this was because it was a really old house and when that house was built everything in it was sturdier than things are today.
Even though I rent this house I have the feeling that it won't be long before I am forced to replace some of the door knobs and fixtures. It's not the owners fault that my women have their habit, it's mine. Fortunately for me I have found this site that sells Baldwin hardware. They have a lot of different types of door fixtures and knobs over there and I am certain that I will find exactly what I need, something that can withstand the weight of female purses.
This house has, like most newer houses these days, levers as doorknobs. The front and back are normal doorknobs (round) but everything inside the house is levers. Thankfully I can get both types at the website for Baldwin hardware. I know I am going to need them.
They accept a variety of payments too, which is nice. they even accept payment through my favorite place to pay, PayPal. I'm going to bookmark this website and start planning now so that I am well prepared when one of my womenfolk come to tell me that they have just tried to hang their purse on a door and the knob has fallen off. It's simply a matter of time.

No comments: