Thursday, August 12, 2010

Still No Desktop

My desktop crashed a few days ago and I have been using our laptop to do the things I need to do online like work my chat moderating shift on a gaming site. I miss the desktop :(
I bought this laptop primarily for my wife because I seem to always be on the computer, day and night, and she wasn't getting enough time to do the things she wanted to do. It's an older laptop with only a half a meg of memory but it works okay for her stuff as well as our daughters stuff. I wish it were faster, but, hey, any port in a storm, ya know?
My wife has hardly used this laptop while the daughter has used it to death. The monitor rarely ever works on it anymore, I think it got youtubed out LOL. At the moment it is hooked into the desktops monitor so I can see what I am doing.
I'm somewhat scared to pull the monitor plug because I'm not that sure it will work on the laptop again when I need to do my shift. Unfortunately I cannot fix the desktop without the monitor. GRRR.
I truly want to fix that desktop though as it has more memory and is a whole lot faster than the laptop. It also has the keyboard that I seem to be better able to type on. This keyboard is not Franklin friendly lol
At least I can get online and do the necessary things, like update my blog, so I am happy enough for the moment.

No comments: