Wednesday, September 15, 2010

No Sleep

I moderate a chat room on a game site as my loyal readers know. I have the shift from 9 p.m. to midnight Pacific Time. A large percentage of the players are on the Eastern side of the country as well as many foreign players with much different time zones. One of the things I have noticed about a lot of these players is that they say goodnight in the chat lobby but are back a short while later saying that they cannot sleep.
Most adults have experienced insomnia or sleeplessness at one time or another in their lives. An estimated 30%-50% of the general population are affected by insomnia, and 10% have chronic insomnia. So, given the statistics, I should not be surprised that so many of our game players suffer from it. But I also wonder why these players do not get a cure for their sleeplessness. How difficult is it to talk to someone about an insomnia treatment?
If I could not sleep on a regular basis I would certainly be asking my doctor for help. At the very least I would be scouring the internet for a solution. Of course this would take hours and hours and I would, like my players, be distracted by other things like playing games.
But, all is not hopeless! There is a place where you can go to find helpful information that you can use to get yourself some much needed sleep. The products that they review on their site on non Rx meaning no prescription is necessary, meaning you won't have to talk to a doctor if you do not wish to do so.
Take a few moments to check out the website, find a product that is right for your needs and get ready to enjoy some decent sleep for a change. A good nights sleep will make you a much healthier person in the long run.

No comments: