Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Plug And No Play

I bought a spare modem because mine is old and likes to cut off at the most inopportune times. Like most DSL modems this one is plug and play. For me, however, it became plug and NO play.
The truly odd part is that while the modem would not give me internet access on my desktop it provided wireless connection to my wife's iPod and my daughter's laptop. What the heck?? I plugged my old modem back in and now it wouldn't give me access either.
Since I had my moderator shift to do I plugged in a wi-fi connector modem and that worked just fine for the night.
Yesterday I found instructions and went and changed some things in the computer's registry. Now my old modem gives me access to the internet and my email. Of course, it still turns itself off every now and then. Crazy thing.
I tried to get a new on from Verizon, what a joke. The tech guy tells me that if the power comes on then the modem is fine. LMAO

No comments: