Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Phase Two

Finally got a ride over to the UPS place and shipped off the computer that didn't work. It should arrive there tomorrow and if they ship another one right away I might get it by Friday. I don't think they will be that speedy though so I am assuming the next one will not arrive until sometime early next week.
I did kinda fib a little when I shipped it off. I told the UPS guy it was just a bunch of electronic parts (which in fairness is true), He assumed it was stereo parts and that's what he put on the ticket. Total charge for shipping was under sixteen dollars.
Years ago one of my sons loaned me a laptop and then he returned home to Washington State. Once I got my desktop up and running (it was messed up) he wanted his laptop back, naturally, and I agreed to ship it by UPS.
I did not think that shipping such a small item would be all that costly but, boy was I wrong. As soon as the UPS guy found out I was shipping a laptop computer the charge for my small box went up to around eighty dollars! I was a working man then and it was my son so it wasn't out of reach to pay it.
Now days though, on this fixed income of mine, there was no way I could afford a high fee because it was a computer in that box so I fibbed a little. Put this under the filing of Things We Do To Save Money when we get older :)

No comments: