Saturday, April 2, 2011

Crazy Weather

Spring is here and with it comes the strangest weather of the year. Yesterday and the day before were hot, almost summer-like, with temperatures around 90.
Today it say it is 70 degrees outside but I find that hard to believe. It is windy and cold out there. I know this because I went outside to wait for a cab. I looked out the window and it looked nice enough so I skipped my jacket. That was a mistake.
Sitting out by the sidewalk waiting I just got cold, then colder. Finally I gave up and came back into the house where it was nice and warm and waited inside for the cab.
On the ride to cash my check and back even the cab driver grumbled about how strange the weather is. He told me he had just yesterday turned the heater in his house off and set up the air conditioning instead. Now today is cold and he is thinking perhaps he better light the heater back up.
I never turn the pilot off on my heater because I have lived here too long to not know better. Spring may have sprung but we are not done with the cold weather completely and today is the proof of that.
I am looking forward to Summer and it cannot come fast enough to suit me. I'd rather be too hot that be cold.

No comments: